I bring to you another list of Gift Ideas and this time it’s a list of Gifts for the House! Or as I like to call them, “Home Sweet Home Gifts”.
Most of us have that one house that everyone goes to for gatherings. Depending on the kind of event or gathering you’re celebrating, you have a place for it. These homes, though not ours, always feel like home. It may be the surrounding people, or the food, or simply comfortable familiarity, that makes it seem like home. So why not give that home a gift.
My personal favorite are door mats. Just imagine the next time you go to that home, and you see the door mat gift that you gave on the front door, how do you think you would feel? Only one way to find out.
Anyways, door mats aren’t the only gift that I think are awesome home sweet home gifts. This list composes of some items that came to mind that could also be an awesome gift for the right person.
If you have any more suggestions/ideas/recommendations, I would love to hear them in the comments section below.
(Disclosure: This blog post contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission when purchase is made through my affiliate links at no extra cost to you. For more information, please click here.)
– I was a little skeptical at first when I first purchased my first oil diffuser. I’ve always known that there are benefits from essential oils but until this diffuser, I haven’t really experienced them.
Oil diffusers are perfect for anybody that incorporates essential oils in their lives. They come in different sizes and designs to match any home aesthetics. It’s also perfect for homeowners, especially first time homeowners, apartment renters, and even small offices!
This is the diffuser I have at home and my review of it. Check it out if you are looking into purchasing one for yourself or as a gift. Art Naturals Diffuser Review
– Air purifiers are great for every home. Even a small air purifier helps, like the one we have. Eventually though you might want to upgrade to a larger sized purifier because it lasts longer and works better than the smaller ones. Bigger machine, more power.
– They’re relaxing. They’re romantic. And they smell good! I usually light up a candle when I am doing house chores. Trust me, it helps. Very subtle effect but it does wonders to your focus without even realizing it. Another great gift for anyone.
It’s been given as gifts for as long as I can remember and there’s a simple reason for that — people like them!
A wide variety of aroma fit for any nose. A quick word of advice though, not all candles have that pleasant smell so be careful with picking any scent that you are not familiar with.
– Perfect for the homeowner! Also, my favorite on this list! There are a lot to choose from with different designs and different messages. Those were what appealed to me which led me to choose door mats.
You can definitely find something for anybody. We gifted a mat that read “Everyone is Welcome Here” just because that was the house everyone goes to for gatherings and special occasions. Just a simple design with a simple message. When we visited them again after giving the mat, they were already using it. So did a couple other homes that we gifted them to.
I’m sure we all have a place like that…a home away from home. Plus, it brings a particularly warm feeling when you see your gift laying on the front door while your friends and family wipe their shoes off it the next time you visit.
– Did you know that there are certain benefits if a home has indoor plants/succulents. Certain benefits are as listed:
- Help purify the air
- Helps focus
- Boosts productivity
- Therapeutic – reduce stress, reduce anxiety, brighten the mood
So, based on the benefits listed above, if you know someone that could use a little green in their home, indoor plants/succulents are great gifts for the house.
A sense of responsibility can be brought about by taking care of a plant. Although, it’s not for everybody as we had a couple plants ourselves but failed to keep it alive. I know. It’s sad. But, we are definitely going to try our hands again at taking care of plants. It was just nice coming into a home with some plants inside.
“Fancy” Hand Soaps
– Why hand soaps you may ask? Well, working in the healthcare industry, one must wash their hands quite frequently. This habit comes home with us and we end up washing our hands everywhere we go and any chance we get.
Don’t be fooled with the word “Fancy” though. It just means a fancy-looking hand soap, not necessarily expensive. All hand soaps often do what they’re supposed to do, the only edge that a company might have is how they distribute or package these hand soaps. One can tell a nice container from a “regular” one. The thing is, if this is to be given as a gift, might as well give them a nicely designed hand soap. We actually gifted one that looks like the container is glass, but really it’s plastic. Looks fancy and you won’t know that it’s plastic unless you lift the whole jar up. But who does that when they’re just washing their hand right? Most of the time you just give it a few pumps without even lifting the jar up.
Digital Photo Album
– Okay, hear me out. I still prefer the actual physical photo albums for the nostalgia it brings. I grew up looking at photo albums and after a great storm, we lost almost all of it. Like damaged and beyond repair from a big typhoon. It was pretty heartbreaking to come up with the decision to just dispose of them. I didn’t want to, but it was more like I had too. Who knows what kind of living things would grow on muddy and wet photos.
Thankfully, in this day and age, digital photo albums exist. Just be sure to back your photos up and you will have them forever. With a digital photo album, you can display it in your living room and it is guaranteed that visitors will look at it. You can display a single photo if you want or put your photos in a slideshow and it will play the album in a loop in your preferred intervals. Sometimes it is nice to reminisce fond memories in your life. It could be the bridge from a bad day to a good day.
You’re welcome. 🙂
– You know when you just got a new apartment or house and you’re sitting down on your couch and look around? Then suddenly you thought, “I feel like something’s missing here.” It could be just the lack of visual stimulation. There may be empty walls that could use some sort of photograph on it or artwork. That is why Framed Artwork are great gifts for the homeowner.
You might visit someone who just moved in to a new place and these kinds of gifts are just awesome. Especially if it’s someone you know very well and it makes it easier to pick out the right artwork for them. If they just moved in to a new place, chances are they’re thinking of getting everything else first before investing in artwork. Thus, this is a nice housewarming gift for them.
Amazon has quite the selection and I’m sure you can find something there for that special someone, or even for you.
Community Charging Station
– Perfect for the household that receives company frequently. Not everyone has an Apple device and the same goes for Android and Pixel (or any other device for that matter). If you know someone who holds a lot of parties or is the place for social gatherings amongst friends, then a Community Charging Station would be a good investment.
Pick one that could support all devices and everyone would be complimenting them for a smart buy. An underrated gift but very efficient if you ask me. They come in many styles too.
– This is more on the expensive side of gift giving. For anybody who can afford this gift for themselves or for another, it is quite useful for the busy person.
I put it last in the list just because it’s the most expensive in here, but still, a great gift for the home.
Most of us are always doing something. Always on the move and always watching the clock that we tend to neglect our simplest form of housekeeping — Sweeping, or nowadays, using the vacuum cleaner.
Some people work multiple jobs and/or by themselves that by the time they get home, they hardly have time to take care of their home. The one place you should feel rested and relaxed. An untidy home can affect your mood and focus.
That is why I recommend this as a gift for yourself, or for any home that has busy occupants. Don’t get me wrong though, I still prefer the old-school cleaning with a broom and mop but sometimes, life gets too fast and by the time you get home, you wish the house can clean itself automatically.
That’s when the robot vacuum comes in handy. You can sit, rest, and relax, while letting the robot do the cleaning for you.
That’s it for my list of Home Sweet Home Gifts — Gifts for the house.
As always, if you have any more suggestions/ideas, please let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear them and who knows, maybe we’re helping each other out. If you’ve read this far in this post, I thank you for your time.